Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Gift of a Brand New Day



"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." ~Mary Pickford~

A brand new day. How many times have you arrived home, flopped on the couch, turned on the TV and sighed, thinking, "Thank God that day is over."

We've all been there. A day we wished would simply end.

But let's be honest. How many of us, that very next morning, begin our brand new day thinking about all the negatives of the day before. How many of us let all those cumulative bad day negatives compound until our brand new day doesn't have a chance.

We need to practice at wiping the slate clean. And before some of you send me the email saying you cannot erase your past, let me finish. I don't mean forget or erase. I don't mean "move on", because as someone who has lost, I know how those two words can sting. I simply mean that life is important enough to deserve a second chance.

We have to be willing to start with a fresh new canvas, and give each new day the chance it deserves. If you are brave enough to release the hurts of the past, your world can open to all the possibilities that exist for you. You need to make room for the good stuff.

So, tomorrow, when you sit on the edge of the bed, ready to face the world, think of yourself as a blank canvas. Your mind, and your thoughts are your paint.

What masterpiece will you create?

Go be an artist,

Kelly

Have a listen to Joshua Radin in this quirky but applicable video. Love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I review all of my comments daily, and appreciate your feedback!