Monday, August 23, 2010

Joe Sterling's thoughts on Navigating Grief..

Happy Monday all,

I wanted to share an article with you this morning, written by Joe Sterling, News Editor for CNN Newswire. Click on the link to view:

My Faith: Navigating the land of grief since my son's death

It was written a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it was worthy of passing along. It touched me in a way I find hard to explain. His descriptors about the changes that come and stay in one's life following the loss of a child were so accurate, and hit pretty close to home for me. As he wrote about moments where he cries without warning, I felt a huge lump in my throat, thinking about the moments that I too, am reduced to tears when a memory surfaces, for no particular reason.

I am a member of his club, one of the outsiders that truly understand the difference between what is trivial and what is important, having learned the hard way.

Today, I am thankful for Joe Sterling. His courageous and honest account of life as a bereaved parent shines as a light to the rest of us and tells us we are not alone.

Have a great one,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I review all of my comments daily, and appreciate your feedback!